A new version of Onpub has been released. Now with more mobile-friendly goodness!
This latest release of Onpub focuses on making the application mobile-device friendly. For example, the Onpub frontend now automatically adapts its layout to lower resolution screens, such as those on tablets and smartphones. The Onpub menu bar is now touchscreen-friendly as well.
Now that tablets, smartphones, and other mobile devices have reached critical mass, this and future releases of Onpub will be targeting full compatibility with all modern touch-enabled computing devices.
We are using "responsive" web design techniques to achieve small-screen compatibility within one frontend code base. CSS media queries allow us to dynamically re-flow the page layout depending on screen width, with no web browser reloads or re-directs.
This means that you don't have to maintain 2 different sites (http://m.pickyoursite.com/ sites are a thing of the past) or even 2 different style sheets in order to support your mobile visitors with Onpub. Everything just works, out-of-the-box, with little to no effort on your behalf.
All you have to do to take advantage of this, is download this latest version and see for yourself
. Or load up this site on your smartphone's web browser to see what we are talking about!
Full change log for this new release is below:
- Added media query support to default frontend stylesheet.
- Added new viewport meta tag which enables mobile layout to be scaled automatically to devices screen width.
- Updated bundled YUI release to version 3.7.3 (full IE10 and Windows 8 compatibility).
- The drop-down menu is now touch-friendly when loaded in a touch-enabled web browser.
- Set img max-width to 100% by default.
- Tweaked the management interface welcome page layout.
- Upgraded bundled CKEditor to latest stable release.
Please report any bugs here