The result of more than 4 years of work, we're pleased to announce that the first fully stable version of Composr CMS has been released.
Reasons to upgrade to Composr CMS 10 from ocPortal 9 include...
Improved translations. We've moved from Launchpad to Transifex and created a whole new translation architecture that is far more efficient to work with.
Significantly improved WYSIWYG editing for setting up block structure and Comcode.
New enterprise features:
- Generally as technology evolves we will make small changes to accommodate this. For example, Composr CMS is Unicode so supports emojis typed on smartphones.
- Easier to use administration system.
- Many design improvements in general – almost everything has been improved in some way. We literally had a designer review every screen in the system, then went through making what seemed like endless improvements.
- A redesigned “social network” style header that can be used for checking notifications and private topics.
- New Sitemap system that allows auto-generated menus covering all dynamic content. The default v10 menu is Sitemap-based, but also can be changed into a hand-edited menu.
- Vastly improved documentation.
- Massive performance improvements
- Page templates
- Privacy controls for member content
- Infinite scrolling support
- Support ticket system email integration
- Content meta-data editing (e.g. edit submission dates for articles)
- Over 100 new config options
- Significant catalogue field improvements
- Media API (e.g. paste links to Google maps to get an embedded map) – anything that supports oEmbed or OpenGraph can be embedded
- Improved security:
- Stronger master password control
- Better session key complexity
- “Kid gloves” developer mode
- Aggregate content types
- Support for integration with Composr Mobile SDK, for developing native mobile apps
- WebDAV support
- Temporary passwords and enhanced password rule management
- Content reviews
There are probably around 10,000 changes, so it's impossible to list them all. The above are just the main ones.