Free Webutler demo installation
Want to quickly see how the open-source software Webutler works? You'll find a free and updated demo installation of Webutler here.
Before using this demo please notice:
- Sending/receiving email and file upload is disabled on all demos
- Demos are the "basic install" only, no add-ons, no content
- Is this demo broken? Report as broken
- Want to discuss the script? Please use the comment section below
We are currently updating the Webutler demo. Please check back shortly. There will be a new version up soon.
The Webutler is an online page editor for static HTML files. It was developed for webmasters, who want to provide a simple login option for image and text editing in their pages. The system is grown up over the years and became bigger and bigger. There are several modules to use in your pages. You can include them or any other PHP code directly in your HTML files. If you need a special data management, you can create your own modules with the ModMaker including user write permissions. But basicly there are only five things, that must be done:
- your HTML must use the HTML5 doctype
- the HTML must be in XHTML syntax
- the charset must be in UTF-8
- all files must be in the right directories, right named
- change your links to the terms of the system
All other options are: you can use it, if you want. Control your requirements in the file /settings/globalvars.php.
The basic system is filebased. The heart of the system is CKEditor, note not all elements and/or attributes are fully supported. For modules to store data records, like the user management or modules created by the ModMaker, the PHP extension SQLite3 is required. For categories and SEO URLs the Apache module mod_rewrite must be available. There are several .htaccess files in different folders to deny direct access for protection. You can find more infos in the _docs_ directory of the download.
The Webutler requires PHP version 5.4 or higher
- add, rename, delete, en-/disable pages
- edit content parts, menus, blocks or full page
- inline editing with CKEditor for all content
- save pages temporarily and publish later
- media manager with upload for any file size
- columns, editor pattern, categories and languages
- sitemap.xml and canonical tag for SEO
- mail recipient management
- user management with pages for special user groups
- create content in-/output modules with the ModMaker
If you like the Webutler and want it your language, I created a project on Transifex. If you miss your language, send me a message on Transifex.
go to Transifex »
No time for support, sorry!
|CMS Categories||CMS / Portals, Lite / Simple|
|Current version (stable)||3.2|
|Latest release date (stable)||10/18/2016|
|First release date||01/01/2008|
|License||GNU General Public License version 2|
|Supported languages||English, German|
|CMS Demo available||(see above)|
|Admin Demo available||(see above)|